Because there has been a fitness rage among people for some years now, the industry began to develop fitness devices that can both work for those who want to know what happens during their workout routines and those who need it for health reasons.
Step counters and heart rate monitors are the two main functions that buyers are looking for in fitness trackers nowadays. The brands that make them are numerous, and the differences between them are small. However, it’s important to know exactly what you’re buying or you can be unpleasantly surprised.
To give you a hand, we will be reviewing this TwobeFit waterproof fitness tracker to see if it makes it on the best list or if it’s best to keep away. Read on to find out.
Features of TwobeFit Waterproof Fitness Tracker
This fitness tracker by TwobeFit is a multi-functional bracelet that can be comfortably worn around the wrist for easy access and will provide data about your fitness routine and exercises.
It comes in black or blue, but the purple color is around $4 cheaper so if you don’t mind wearing the violet straps, you could save a few dollars. The smart band has features several functions which include heart rate monitoring and step counter.
For your sports activities, it allows you to choose between 10 different modes and you can access 4 extra ones by downloading the app. The default modes are trekking, badminton, fitness, yoga, treadmill, spinning, basketball, football, tennis and dancing.
While you are working out, or even during your daily activities, it can track your heart rate, and during the night, as you sleep, it will monitor the total effective sleeping time so you can understand better your sleep quality.
The data it offers helps you have a better grasp of how your body is behaving while you are working out, and because the bracelet can connect with most mobile phones, when you install the app, you will be offered more detailed results of whatever data it processes.
The fitness bracelet has a small OLED screen that displays time and step counter. You have five different main faces to choose from so you can see whatever is most important to you by just activating it.
The TwobeFit smart band is also waterproof. It has an IP67 standard that allows you to wash your hands or get caught in the rain without damaging the bracelet. This makes it also sweat proof so you don’t have to worry about sweating it all out while you exercise.
The tracker can be paired up with your smartphone. It is compatible with almost every phone that has Bluetooth 4.0 or higher and can work well with iOS 7.1 or above, and Android 4.4 or above. iPhone compatibility is from 5 or higher.
It does not work with tablets or computers so you need to keep that in mind. Also, the charging system is a USB port that hides under the side strap which means that you don’t have to carry a charger around all day long. Just inserting it into any USB port will get the job done.
The bracelet takes about 1 or 2 hours to fully charge and can last anywhere from 5 to 7 days with a full battery. Likewise, as you download the app on your smartphone, you will have access to vibrating alerts that let you know when you receive a message, phone call, SMS and social media notifications.
It also has a sedentary reminder that notifies you when you’ve been inactive for too long, and because it can be paired up with your phone, you can access GPS to know how long your routes are when you run and which ways you’ve taken.
- 24-hour real-time heart rate sensor that shows data of your heart rate on three different stages: resting, average, and max HR, which should be chosen when you’re exercising
- Auto sleep tracking makes you sure that you are monitored while you sleep every night
- Activity tracker with GPS allows you to know the pace and distances of your workout routines
- It has sedentary and waking alarms in vibration modes
- Tracks steps and calories consumed when exercising
- Shows notifications of incoming calls, texts and so on that arrive at your phone
- Cable-free charging system with integrated USB port
- 18-month warranty
- Friendly customer support
- Unclear instructions on the manual can confuse the user
- There could be incompatibility with several mobile phones even if they meet the requirements
- Many customers have complained that the step counter does not work at all
- Some say it has a cheap construction
- The Bluetooth could have some issues showing up on several devices
- Colors are quite different from what the pictures show
- It isn’t waterproof enough to be worn in a pool. The brand states that it can only be worn while washing your hands or under light rain
Is the TwobeFit one of the best waterproof fitness trackers on the market? Not among the expensive ones and neither among the cheapest. The TwobeFit waterproof fitness tracker seems to work for some people though, so we dare to say that it will depend on what you are looking for.
Overall, it stands as one of the cheapest looking fitness trackers out there, so don’t expect to get a high-quality item especially for the price that you are paying. However, mismatching the color goes beyond low expectations.
In addition to that, the waterproof system is not the best, and it cannot be used with tablets or Windows devices, which keeps it well behind in the smart bracelets race. Finally, getting the Bluetooth to work is almost impossible, and when it does, you might still have some trouble pairing it up with some mobile models.
In summary, if you buy the TwobeFit you will get what you pay for: a slightly cheap smart bracelet that could either work fairly well or not at all.