Fitness trackers are among the favorite tech gadgets these days; everyone wants to have a smartwatch that can not only tell you the date and time but also give you a detailed report of how many calories you burned while working out, how many steps you take when you’re walking home, and the quality of your sleep.
Because it’s annoying to have to take it off and put it on again every time you’re in contact with water, consumers have demanded that these devices be made waterproof, and over time, manufacturers have delivered. This means that you can find numerous models and brands that sell waterproof fitness trackers for your wrists, now.
Among these is the Image Waterproof Bluetooth Fitness Tracker, a smart bracelet that seems to offer all you need. However, does it? And is it truly one of the best waterproof fitness trackers you can buy? Keep reading to find out.
Features of Image Waterproof Bluetooth Fitness Tracker
Image offers a fitness tracker bracelet that you can wear on your wrist all day long without worrying about whether it looks good or not. It has a slim, sober design that comes only in black and that brings an OLED small screen that displays important information such as connectivity, battery and time.
The screen is touch sensitive and the length of the strap can be adjusted so that one size fits most people. Because of its technology, as soon as you flip your wrist, the bracelet will show date and time and you can later switch functions on the touch screen by switching pages.
The smart band by Image has several functions and, aside from serving as a normal watch that provides date and time, it can also count the calories you burn during a given workout and the steps you take.
The bracelet is among the most economical on Amazon. It also has auto sleep monitoring, an inactivity or sedentary reminder, silent alarms that notify you by vibrating, and can be paired up with your smartphone.
Because of this latter feature, you can also ID incoming calls on the OLED screen, upload data to your mobile about the monitored processes while you exercise, show the name and number of incoming texts, and such.
It works with Android 4.4 or above, and iOS 8.0 or above. Keep an eye on this because it means that older iPhones don’t pair up with the Image smart band, so make sure that you have one of the latest or it’s a waste of money. You’ll also need Bluetooth 4.0 or higher.
The tracker has a waterproof level of IP64, meaning that it cannot be submerged underwater but you can easily wash your hands with it or sweat while working out and not be worried that it will stop functioning.
The charging system is similar to most fitness trackers, which is through a USB port that shows when you take off the side straps. It can be connected to any port to recharge, and a full battery lasts up to 6 days.
It can work on itself but if paired with the phone, the features will augment. Also, the band is made from a shockproof material that can last for a long time. Lastly, it has an anti-lost alarm for your phone that lets you know whenever your mobile is far away from it so you don’t lose it.
The box comes with the screen, the wrist strap, and the user manual.
- It shows incoming texts and phone numbers on the screen as long as it’s paired up with your smartphone. This setting can be disabled if you don’t want it
- Affordable price
- Waterproof and shockproof, which makes it long lasting and durable
- Pairs up with mobile to show notifications such as incoming calls, texts, and SNS
- Tracks the step, the distance and the calories burned while you walk or run
- Long battery life will keep you from charging it all the time
- Hidden USB port allows you to carry it without worrying about a charger or a cable
- Motion-activated which means that by flipping your wrist, it lights up and shows date, time and battery state
- The counters work great and offer accurate data, which is something that similar products from different brands normally fail
- It might take a little while for it to fit the shape of the user’s wrist so it could fall off during the first days
- The waterproof system is lower than similar products. It cannot be submerged underwater or used while swimming
- It doesn’t have a heart rate monitor so if you’re buying a fitness tracker for this purpose, you should get a different one altogether
- Sleep monitor feature is not the best and some users have complained about it not working at all
- The closing system of the strap can be a hard one. It does fit but requires strength to push the button in
The Image Waterproof Bluetooth Fitness Tracker is definitely one of the best waterproof fitness trackers on Amazon, at least among the most economical ones.
It does lack a couple of features that could be necessary according to your needs, but if you only want it to track your steps and show mobile phone notifications, it is definitely one of the best choices.
This fitness tracker will give you a better understanding of your exercising routine by showing you the steps, distances, and calories that you have burned. It also has a phone finder option which keeps your mobile from being too away from you, and it’s waterproof enough to sweat with it without worrying.
However, it is not the most waterproof smart band out there so if you are looking for one that you can wear while swimming, this is not the one for you. Likewise, if you need a bracelet that will monitor your heart rate, the Image model will fail at that as it doesn’t have one.
It does have a sedentary reminder and a great notification system that lets you even read incoming texts on your wrist, so depending on what you are looking for in a fitness tracker, this Image smart wristwatch could be the one for you.