With all the devices and gadgets available today, there’s one helpful device or application that will help you get on the right track. A fitness tracker monitors your physical fitness level and performance so you know the right workout for you or if you’re reaching your workout goals. Most models track your heart rate and some also have sleep quality monitors.
There are many fitness trackers that promise to transform your lifestyle from sedentary to active. But not all of them are true to their promises and are just pure advertisement hype.
To help you spot the right and cost effective fitness tracker, here are some buying tips.
- Know your current fitness level and create a suitable, personalized workout plan. You don’t have to follow your friend’s gym program just because he/she has toned muscles. The fitness tracker you’re about to buy should support your present physical condition and fitness goals. For example, if your core workout is swimming, make sure that the tracker is waterproof and suitable for this kind of activity
- For beginners, a tracker with the basic functions such as a calorie meter, distance counter, and notification display is advised. But for advanced fitness and outdoor enthusiasts, a tracker with more functions is worth an investment. The more features a tracker has, the more expensive it is
- Although waterproof fitness trackers are generally more expensive, they are worth the cost. Imagine a tracker that easily gets damaged when it accidentally comes in contact with water or sweat; it’s as good as a disposable device which wastes your money. Most trackers are IP67 which make them safe when washing hands, getting caught in the rain, or swimming
- Compatibility with smartphones is also an important factor to consider. Make sure that the tracker can synch with your present smartphone. It’s worth noting, too, that Apple Watches can only be paired with iOS devices.
If you want to save time in having to check the hundreds of trackers in stores, here is a good example of one of the best-selling fitness tracker devices, the DBPOWER Fitness Tracker. Learn more about it by reading about its features, pros, and cons.
Features of DBPOWER Fitness Tracker
DBPOWER Tracker can monitor a lot of different fitness-related metrics including the steps taken, distance covered, and calories burned. It has a built-in heart rate monitor to show your overall current health condition over 24 hours so you can know the right workout and maximize your efforts.
Along with the heart rate monitor, it also has a sleep monitor that automatically turns on to track your sleep quality and duration.
The DBPOWER Tracker is more suitable for advanced fitness and outdoor lovers. It has a multi-sports mode to display statistics of your specific activity.
It comes with 8 default sports modes such as riding, running, spinning, yoga, and treadmill; plus, you can add 6 more additional sports modes in the app.
This tracker is equipped with GPS that shows your pace, distance, and a map of your workout route. This feature also helps with the “Find Phone” function so you can easily find your phone by making it ring or vibrate.
Unlike Apple Watches, the DBPOWER Tracker is compatible with any smartphone. It can sync with iOS 7.1, Android 4.4 or above, and Bluetooth 4.0 However, it doesn’t work with PCs or tablets.
Through the DBPOWER Tracker, you can control your phone’s camera so you can easily take a photo. It has a 0.96 inch OLED touchscreen that displays call, text, and SNS notifications.
This tracker is equipped with a 65mAh polymer lithium battery that can last up to 5-7 days. It is IP67 waterproof so it’s safe when washing hands, getting caught in the rain, sweating a lot, etc.
The DBPOWER Tracker has a stylish, unisex design that comes in different colors: black and purple, blue, black and green, black and blue, green, and red.
A DBPOWER Tracker is worth investing in. Aside from all those features above, it also comes with a weather forecast function, guided breathing, and multi style dial.
This device comes with a 30-day refund and 1-year warranty. The package comes with a user manual and TPE replacement band.
While this DBPOWER Tracker might cost more than other fitness trackers, it’s worth it because of its features. But just like any other device, it has its pros and cons too.
- Real-time heart rate monitor
- Auto sleep tracker
- IP67 waterproof
- Guided breathing
- Weather forecasting
- Find phone function
- Good compatibility
- Long battery life
- 8 + 6 multi sports mode
- Additional TPE replacement band
- Remote camera control
- OLED touchscreen display
- Stylish, unisex design
- A little bulky
A fitness tracker is a good investment for staying fit and having a more active lifestyle. Since there are a plethora of trackers available today, it’s important to know how to choose a good one.
You should buy a tracker that’s suitable for your current fitness level to support your fitness goals. Water resistance is an important buying factor, as well as the compatibility and features that come along with it.
The DBPOWER Fitness Tracker is a good brand because it is very functional and can support a lot of physical activities such as running, hiking, yoga, spinning, and more. It can synch with the latest smartphones, but not with PCs and tablets.
It has an OLED touchscreen that displays phone notifications so you won’t miss any important calls or texts while working out or outdoors.
The 65mAh battery makes the DBPOWER Tracker long lasting and reliable. The bonus feature is its stylish, unisex design, though a bit bulky for some users.
It might be a little more expensive, but with all its features and functions, it’s worth it. It has weather forecasting, “find phone,” guided breathing, and more.
Your purchase is guaranteed with DBPOWER Tracker. It comes with a 30-day refund and 1-year warranty. What else can you ask for?
Checking all the factors that you need to consider and the buying guide listed above, this DBPOWER Fitness Trackerfits in all of them. The DBPOWER tracker will help get you on your way to an active lifestyle and better health.